Friday, May 11, 2007

8 Random Things About Myself


I've been tagged by my wife, Marianne, to blog 8 random facts/habits about myself. So here I go!

Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.



OK...HERE ARE MY 8 RANDOM CHARLEYISMS

1. I speak Albanian and I lived in Eastern Europe three times for a total of five years.
2. I met my wife in Interlakin, Switzerland, did not see her again for 2 years and nine months, at which point we were engaged in The Netherlands, and then married in California.
3. In 2001 I moved from the poorest country in Europe (a third world country) to the richest county in America! ...talking about reverse culture shock!!!
4. I am a ketchup connoisseur, if it's not Heinz don't even think about calling in ketchup!!!
5. The only unflavored coffee that I like is Douwe Egberts from Holland.
6. I learned to knit from my Dutch mother-in-law and have knitted a fisherman's sweater for myself!
7. I'm 1/8 Cherokee Indian.
8. I'm also of English descent. There is a village in England called Pitchford. Pitchford Manor is located there. Could the owners be my cousins?!? Pitchford is one of the oldest English names because it comes from a place, a source of "pitch" near a "ford"!

I am tagging Benjie, Tim, Amy & Lorie (I'll need to think of four more that I can tag!)

10 comments:

MMA Lady said...

You crazy tagger!
OK, I'll comply!

MMA Lady said...

BTW, are ya'll LIVING in Texarkana right now???? E-Mail me and let me know!!!!
crazypclady@yahoo.com

photowannabe said...

Enjoyed your interesting information on your self. I like these little glimpses.

Beverly said...

I came here by way of photowannabe. Your photos are gorgeous. Did you do missions work in Albania?

Tim Rice said...

Hi, Charley. This was fun reading. I have posted mine on my Fingerprints Blog now.

Benjie said...

Well I got them up on the Loom & Wheel blog. If you want to read more of my thoughts check out Loom & Wheel Words (http://loomnwheel.wordpress.com)
or look for the books I'm reading on Book 'em Benj-O (http://benjobooks.blogspot.com)

Have a great day.

Audrey said...

Wow, Dubrovnik looks spectacular. What brought you there? If I were to ever go there without knowing the language, would it be difficult to navigate? Oh, and how'd you happen across my blog? Thanks for reading!

Scott Collins said...

Enjoyed your site as well! -Author of "Weird things in my tank"

MMA Lady said...

By the way - on this post you forgot to add that you and I have the same birthday!!!!

Charley said...

Oooops....yes....I did forget to mention that tarimisu and I have the exact same birthday and we are both from the Holy Land!!! Pretty cool, huh?!? Gog Hogs.....Pig SOOOOOEEEEEE!!!!