Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Quote

The quote below was taken this morning from the back of my Starbucks Coffee cup, "The Way I See It # 251". What do you think about what Andy Webster says?

"Our greatest prejudice is against death. It spans age, gender and race. We spend immeasurable amounts of energy fighting an even that will eventually triumph. Though it is noble not to give in easily, the most alive people I've ever met are those who embrace their death. They love, laugh and live more fully."

--Andy Webster
Hospice chaplain in
Plymouth, Michigan.

7 comments:

Rosana said...

Hello Charley,

I just loved your blog and will visit it whenever I have a chance. I´m from Brazil and I have a blog myself (in Portuguese) aimed to mohters and women.

Nice meeting you!
Rosana

Libbys Blog said...

Thanks for visiting my 'Sky Photos' blog. You too have some stunning pics! Our planet is quite a beautiful place!

Benjie said...

Eunice Moore was a saint of a woman, and an inspiration to many. She remained active in her position as church pianist until well into her 90s. She has since gone on to her reward, but many was the time she reminded me of her philosophy, always delivered with an ear-to-ear smile

"I'm going to die living!"

Marianne said...

I tagged you on my blog to write 8 random facts/habits about yourself. You can read the directions there! Have fun!!

photowannabe said...

Hi Charley,
I think life is too full to waste it worrying about dying. I know where I'm going and the security of that takes away the fear.
To answer your question, no I haven't been to the campus, but a few people from our church attended there at some time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Very interesting...I read this off a starbucks cup myself and was a bit suprised at the content. The concept or not fearing death is very revolutionary if you think about it. Imagine how we would live if we realized death was just an inescapable part of life. No point in running from it.