Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ouachita National Forest

This past Friday my family and I, along with our dog Angus,
took a day trip to the Quaticha Natioanl Forest just outside of
Mena, Arkansas. We had a great
time hiking as we soaked up the beauty of God's creation.



Arkasnas is known as "The Natural State".
This part of the forest was once occupied
by homesteaders. How fitting that
it now has truyly returned to it's natural state!




Along with small animals, these are the only inhabitants
you'll now find in this forest.

5 comments:

Benjie said...

Another place of beauty.

JAM said...

Arkansas is definitely a beautiful place. I grew up in Monroe, Louisiana and when my parents wanted to get away, we'd go to Hot Springs or maybe even up to the Buffalo River. Many of my vacation memories as a kid were on great trails in pretty woods like this.

Nice shots.

Merili said...

Amazing greenery...

sage said...

Nice pics. It's intersting how much more of the leaf canopy has unfurled there than here. Much of the southern appalachians are like that too--once inhabited by people, now back into a natural state. I've never spent any time in the Ozarks--one of the few mountain ranges in the US that I've missed--I need to make up for this oversight one day.

Tim Rice said...

Ah, it is always good to get out in the woods!